Wednesday, June 8, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "Who Killed the World" - Hard West (NS)

[I had originally written this article back in June 2020 while I was working from home.  The sarcastic and dark part of me was fine with featuring a song titled "Who Killed the World" but then I had some time to think about the title of the song and figured I would hold off on putting this article out, if only because I wanted to be a bit more thoughtful regarding all of the people who had died up to that point.  Plus there was a lot of anti-Asian hate going on, and still is for that matter, regarding COVID and I did not want this song to come across as fueling that fire.  I have somewhat edited that original article to what we have below which contained references to articles I had just written and mentions about working from home as I am now back to working in an office.  Just thought I would mention all of this first.]


"Who Killed the World" from Hard West on the PC, OSX, Linux, Nintendo Switch (2015, 2019)
Label:  Laced Records
Developer:  CreativeForge Games




A while back, this song from Hard West came up and I knew that it would need to be used for two reasons.  First, the title is on point with the state of the world (except not really, just stressful for a lot of populations and I just happen to be fortunate enough that I don't really fall into that category as much as other people), and because there is a pipe organ!

What can I say, I am a sucker for a good backing organ.  It doesn't even have to be the main attraction for my ears to perk up and immediately make something out of a song that I might have otherwise passed over as just good dramatic background music.

Now, I have no idea when or where this song crops up in Hard West because I have yet to install the game, but it has a lot of elements that I love, like an old west horror tactics game.  Eventually, though, I will see how hard the west was and who in fact, killed the world.



~JWfW/JDub/Cooking Crack/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment