Wednesday, June 22, 2022

MIDI Week Singles: "Cheerful Tavern" - Fantasy Life (3DS)

 

"Cheerful Tavern" from Fantasy Life on the Nintendo 3DS (2012)
Composer: Nobuo Uematsu
Label: FRAME
Publisher: Nintendo, Level-5
Developer: Level-5

Fantasy Life was a really fun game that I immediately recall any time any of the music crops up on my computer and I think back to how I played 90% of the game as a Blacksmith, then decided to mix things up after feeling like my life as a Blacksmith was waning and became a Paladin and the game felt completely different.  This song is wonderfully cheerful as the title states and it makes me want to start a new Life and then end my day back in the tavern to hear this song and see all of the other patrons just throwing back a pint after a long day at the proverbial office.

I honestly do not know if Nobuo Uematsu based this song off of anything from our real world, and if the words that are being sung are an actual language or if it is just near-sounding enough to any conglomeration of languages that it sounds like you are on the cusp of understanding what they are saying.  Maybe after another pint it will make sense?  And I love the accordion intro, which is helped by the fact that I do love accordion music.  The only downside to this song is that the official recording on the album only plays through one time and fades out on the repeat.  Ah well, I guess I should find a tavern then to hear this on repeat and sing along.

I should have another pint.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment