Wednesday, March 10, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "Hello, Happy Kingdom" - Super Mario RPG (SNES)

 


"Hello, Happy Kingdom" from Super Mario RPG on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1996)
Composer: Yoko Shimomura
Album: Super Mario RPG Original Sound Version
Label: NTT Publishing, POLYSTAR
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Square


It may not be too often that March 10th lands on a Wednesday and I figured I that there would be no way I would pass up this opportunity, so that is what we are doing today.

When I first started playing Super Mario RPG (oh so many decades ago) I enjoyed the music, but I was not in love with it.  Then when you first enter the Mushroom Kingdom castle area (it has been oh so many decades since I last played) and this song started playing, my memory tells me that I stopped progressing and just ran around a lot so that I could listen to the music.  Any time I came back into this specific area, I would let the song loop a few times before progressing.  When I (100% legally) downloaded the soundtrack this was the first song that I sought out and is easily one of my favorite songs from the entire soundtrack.  I love how bobby the song is when it starts, then at 0:45 the instrumentation kicks up and the whole MIDI orchestra joins in on the main theme, which is fun.

Really what else do you need on March 10th than something fun.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
How Could We Go Wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment