Thursday, March 25, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "Stage 4" - Batman: The Video Game (NES)

 


"Stage 4" from Batman: The Video Game on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1990)
Composer: Naoki Kodaka
Album: No Official Release 
Publisher: Sunsoft
Developer: Sunsoft


It has been a long time since I played Batman on the NES, and when I say a long time I am counting time in terms of decades.  Specifically, three of them, which might be older or just so than a number of people reading this, but hey we know our target audience.

Anyway.

The point is, while I have played Batman, I know for certain that I never made it to Stage 4, the stage where this music plays, which is kind of sad for me because this is my favorite track from a game full of amazing music; we previously covered some of the Batman music in the now semi-extinct Game Scores features, but that was nearly a decade ago in and of itself.  Sadly that is really all I have to say about this track.  From the opening on MIDI strings (so I tell myself) and the melody, to the amazing sounding drum track that is just more than a snare-hit but is essentially a full MIDI drum kit, is something that was not all too common on NES era soundtracks.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment