Wednesday, July 14, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "BGM 1" - Silver Surfer (NES)

 

"BGM 1" from Silver Surfer on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1990)
Composer: Tim Follin
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Arcadia Systems


Silver Surfer on the NES gets a lot of guff for being a difficult game.  I have attempted it a few times and have made it. . .oh, maybe 20 seconds or so into Reptyl's stage and then gave up.  Maybe I tried a few other stages to see what those were like but I can guarantee you though that I never made it to Section 2 in any of the stages.  "BGM 1" is really the only theme aside from the title theme that I am familiar with, and then there is only one other stage theme.  

What I like about "BGM 1" is how catchy the melody is and how manic the entire song is, which is perfectly fitting considering how manic I feel whenever I have played.  In Reptyl's stage, if you can remain calm enough to stay below water and not touch any of the walls, you will have an easier time than facing off against the turret armed Reptyls, but this music is not really the Aquatic Ambiance that you would need to temper those nerves down a bit.  This is just a fun track from an otherwise pain-in-the-ass game, so let us just enjoy the music and not worry about anything else for the time being.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment