Wednesday, July 7, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "Okay, Everyone! (Monika)" - Doki Doki Literature Club! (PC)

 


"Okay, Everyone! (Monika)" from Doki Doki Literature Club (2017)
Composer: Dan Salvato
Publisher: Team Salvato
Developer: Team Salvato


I will not say how far I am into Doki Doki Literature Club! to prevent anyone from saying anything that could be a spoiler or give any hint on which of the girls in the club I have been romancing, or whatever constitutes as romance in this game.  I will say though that I have gone through at least two of the poetry sessions in the game so I have heard the "Okay, Everyone!" theme a number of times and enough times to recognize that when each character gives you their poem for you to read, the "Okay, Everyone!" theme becomes reminiscent of that particular character.  So out of the four characters, only three are obviously romancable with Monika, the President of the Literature Club being the only one who is on the outside.  

I decided to pick her theme for "Okay, Everyone!" because I simply like the arrangement on piano.  Sayori's sounds almost too similar to the main theme, Natsuki's is almost too bubly, and Yuri's I honestly can't remember how it is different but that it is somewhere between the main "Okay, Everyone!" and Monika's.  I do not think I listened to this song loop more than once in the actual game while reading Monika's poems, so it is quite nice to have the whole song here.

Interestingly, only the promo edition of this soundtrack has the different variations of "Okay, Everyone!" whereas the main theme is all that is available on Spotify, Amazon, and mp3 album; or at least all that I could find.  Maybe when Doki Doki Literature Club Plus! releases today there will be an expanded soundtrack.  Maybe.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Love, Love, Love, Love, Love, Love

No comments:

Post a Comment