Friday, January 20, 2023

1000!

 

I actually had another article planned for today but yesterday I was making random graphs at work (on my lunch break of course), looking to see the number of posts we have made each month of each year since we started at Two Boys and Their Blog back in 2012 to see if any patterns emerged.  That was when I found out that as of Wednesday's MIDI Week Single article, we have posted 999 articles.  This means that today is our 1,000th article, specifically on Stage Select Start; although if you count the articles we posted over on TBaTB, then this would be our 1,541 post, which is not quite as milestone sounding.

When I figured out that our next article was going to be our 1,000th, I had two thoughts.  The first was to continue with our scheduled posts as usual and only mention it on our respective Twitter and Shminstashmam pages.  The second was to push back the Atari Greatest Hits Volume 1 posts back a week and write an article of self congratulations.  So  I decided to push several articles back, which actually worked out nicely so that we will start the Sports category in March because apparently, sports are a big thing in March if you are one to care about college sports.

If I had been paying attention to how many posts we have made on this site since we rebranded back in 2015, I probably would have had something a little more meaningful than my ramblings about arbitrary numbers that really only mean something to us here.  I mean, I did not really make much spectacle last March/April when we reached our cumulative 10-year anniversary, maybe when we reach July 2025 when we have been here for 10 years on this site I will have something a bit bigger planned.  Maybe we will have guests, interviews, retrospectives, and everything that made me anxious about fundraising week at KDVS; I still have the occasional dream that I haven't done any prep work for that hour-long fundraising pitch to people awake between 2am - 4am.

The point is, is that 1,000 posts are nothing to shake a stick at, or at least I think so.  Even if our first post here was to establish that this space was going to be used back in May 2015, then a reference post in June full of links to our previous site.

So thank you for sticking with us for these first 1,000 articles or however long you have been reading our meandering words and maybe we will hit 2,000 circa 2029* or thereabouts doing a lot of the same things that we have been doing these last 10 years.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian


*P.S.  I am actually pretty excited to see what video games will be like at the end of this decade although I am fully enjoying where we are currently at (says the person who is playing and writing about games that were developed and released 40 years ago).

No comments:

Post a Comment