Wednesday, January 25, 2023

MIDI Week Singles: "Desktop 1" - American Truck Simulator (PC)

 


"Desktop 1" from American Truck Simulator on PC (2016)
Composer: Currently Unknown
Album: No Official Soundtrack
Publisher: SCS Software
Developer: SCS Software


American Truck Simulator is not a game that is about the music.  There is music in the game, primarily during the menu screens, but while driving on the open road, you really only have two options.  The first is to not have any music playing and just listen to the sound of your rig and the world around you be it other vehicles, the sound of construction crews as you wait to be let through on a two-lane turned one-lane highway, or the rain pattering on your windshield in varying degrees of severity.  Or you log on to one of the internet radio stations and listen to some real-world music as you drive through a semi-real-world landscape.

Having only played the quick jobs, I have really only heard this particular track which the Interwebs tell me is titled "Desktop 1" for reasons that remain unclear.  This is also, I think, the only song I have heard in the game as it plays when you first start the game and when you watch the credits (looking for any information on who wrote the music in the game, which apparently does not exist).  I do not know if my liking of this song is somewhat Stockholm-Syndrome-esque because it is the only song I have heard in the game, or because it is in fact a banger of a song.  I do find myself enjoying the song outside of the game too. . . so I guess there is something to it.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Gnisten har slått flamme

No comments:

Post a Comment