Wednesday, March 29, 2023

MIDI Week Singles: "Destroy Everything You Touch" - 2006 FIFA World Cup (PSP, PS2, 360, NGC, etc)

 


"Destroy Everything You Touch" from 2006 FIFA World Cup on the PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2, and every video game platform available in 2006.
Composer: Ladytron
Album: Witching Hour
Label: Island
Publisher: EA Sports
Developer: EA Canada


I have zero context for this song within 2006 FIFA World Cup and I could not even tell you when full-on songs would be playing during a World Cup game.  Would this play during the actual gameplay, during the half, or during the post-game wrap-up?  Maybe between games when you are. . . doing whatever it is you do in a FIFA game between matches?  I have only seen both my brother in laws ReallyBigAl and Enrico sometime between 2008 and 2011, and maybe they had the music turned down or off, or some other setting; so I guess I could ask them.  I also know absolutely nothing about the group Ladytron who released this song back in 2005, being the third studio album from the electronic-pop pop-synth-wave shoegaze group from Liverpool.

What stuck out to me the first time I heard this song was that the instrumental intro sounded like a poppier and more upbeat version of "The Bad Touch" by The Bloodhound Gang.  Then the rest of the song is just a catchy synth-wave song about. . .destroying everything the person in the song touches?  I mean I guess it kinda makes sense that someone at EA thought that this would be a good song for one of their games (ooooohhh, sick burn bruh!). 

That's all I've got.  I just liked the song when I came upon it.  That is all.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
And This Old World Seemed New To Me

1 comment:

  1. lol, amazing. Destroy Everything You Touch is a great song! so random to show up in FIFA.

    ReplyDelete