Wednesday, March 22, 2023

MIDI Week Singles: Nintendo Wii U eShop Music - May, 2019 (NWU)

 


Nintendo Wii U eShop Music - May 2019
Composer: I don't know
Developer: Nintendo



Similar in some ways to the music from the eShop for the 3DS but not, because I only bought and (first) used a Wii U when I bought mine used back in December 2021, I did not know that Wii U eShop music was as varied as it turned out to be.  I have read/heard about people lamenting there being any music in the eShop for the Nintendo Switch, and I frequently just brushed this off as people finding something else to complain about with the Switch (if it was not there not being folders on the home screen, or no music on the home screen, or that Nintendo's online servers were crap for any kind of online Smash competitions) and part of me now gets it.  But only part of me.

The music that is currently playing on the eShop for the Wii U was last updated in May 2019, or at least that is what the Internet/YouTube is telling me when I search "Wii U eShop music."  For me, this is the only eShop music for the Wii U that I will really ever know and have any kind of nostalgia (if 4-year-old music could be considered nostalgic) for because since I bought the Wii U, I have planned on making most of my purchases through the eShop and when I boot it up, this is the song that I have always heard, and when I listen to this song again in 10 years, I will think back on those middle years of the COVID-19 pandemic, lying in bed browsing the scant eShop for the Wii U, looking through all of the different Virtual Console titles wondering which ones I should pick up that have not been ported over to the Nintendo Switch or the NES/SNES Mini console already, or also surprised that there is essentially a Turbo Grafx 16 Virtual Console (but not because there is not a dedicated VC for the TG16 or the Game Gear) list of games.

Goodtimes.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Wir stoßen an auf uns

No comments:

Post a Comment