Wednesday, June 5, 2024

MIDI Week Singles: "BGM #12" - Family Tennis Advance (GBA)

 


"BGM #12" from Family Tennis Advance on the Game Boy Advance (2002)
Composer(s): Kōhei Matsuoka, Iku Mizutani, Tetsuari Watanabe, Comet Momono
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Namco Ltd.
Developer: Natsume Co. Ltd.

I tried looking up some semblance of the soundtrack and gameplay videos that might include this song, but this game appears to be just obscure enough for Western audiences that there aren't more than a handful of videos or descriptive track names than "BGM #12."

So I don't know if "BGM #12," being the 12th song on a 13-track album (unofficial release, and not including the three sound effect tracks) means that this music is the "Congratulations, you've won Tennis" or the credits music.  To me, it does sound just a little bit out of place even if a lot of the other songs are peppy, just not this level of pep; "BGM #13" does come very close though.  At least with the other songs I could kind of imagine being played in the background on a tennis video game on the Game Boy Advance.  "BGM #12" on the other hand, sounds like something out of an F-Zero or other futuristic racing game, which is supposed to be a compliment.

That's really all I have for this song.  It's catchy, it's peppy, and I knew why I flagged this particular song I don't remember how long ago for a future MWS article within the first 10 seconds.  Sometimes that's all we need.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Instrumental


No comments:

Post a Comment