Friday, June 7, 2024

Monthly Update: June, 2024

 


Whoooweeee!  Those last two weeks of May were a banger!  And by "banger" I mean that in the sense that I've never made an overview and/or review video before and trying to write a script, record relevant gameplay video, and record audio all into a nice little package is a pain in the ass.  I mean, I knew (not from real experience before the end of May, but just one of those things that seems like it would be difficult, like the logistics behind filming The Lord of the Rings trilogy) that audio recording, video recording, and script writing were difficult, but I've never experienced anything like it until now.  But now I can say that I've done it and I might do it again.  I'm talking about the Tents and Trees Overview & Review video I put up last Friday (May 31, 2024).  It was a great albeit incredibly stressful experience as I realized how to project my voice into the mic on my laptop without sounding like I was trying to do a poorly executed ASMR video.  Also finding the time when I could record the audio in a place where no one else could hear me was incredibly difficult (because despite having been a late-night DJ for a year and a half along with Dr. Potts for a portion of that time, I am still incredibly anxious nearly any time I have to do any kind of speaking).

And if that first experience was any indication of how I felt about the process as a whole, I just accepted another key, this one for Bright Lights in Svetlov, so expect that article and video sometime later this month.  This will also be on the Switch since it appears to be a campaign for the game's release on consoles, so this will likely not be a complete walkthrough video that I probably would've done if I had played the game on the Steam Deck.  What is going to make me the most anxious about reviewing this game is that I am going to miss a fair amount of subtext and references.  Ah well, I've got three weeks to figure everything out and to have another video created.

I actually haven't been playing a lot of games on my laptop apart from games that I play with The Squire almost every morning which have been reduced to Plants vs. Zombies and Runner2.  Partly because of the work I did on the Tents and Trees video and that I have been semi-regularly playing games I've acquired through Keymailer makes me feel that I need to create a steady stream of content, but not so much that it feels like an actual job.  The two most recent games were ones that had already been released back in 2023, but every game that I request a code for is one that I genuinely want to play; although I might have submitted requests for some higher profile games that I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't get because my viewer and view count isn't what they're looking for, even if I do qualify according to Keymailer's standards.

I've been meaning to put up a couple of articles about my time playing and finishing Final Fantasy VII, which I did for the first time in late April or early May.  I also have to finish up articles for Halo and The Procession to Calvary and work on my First Impressions article for The Outer Worlds and Fallout 4.  I've also been meaning to do articles for Milk inside a bag of milk inside a bag of milk and Milk outside a bag of milk outside a bag of milk, but those may have to wait until we do another Game EXP Dump series next year.  And I may have to sadly throw Celeste in there too.

But I am getting some writing done, like right now during my work lunch break while I have a four hour video on the failure of Disney's Star Wars land-locked cruise ship hotel...sorry, the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.  It's definitely worth a watch if you have four hours to have something on in the background and you enjoy the awkwardness of watching the project of a multibillion-dollar company self-sabotage the lives of nearly everyone who physically worked at the Star Wars Hotel.  I've also watched a couple of Jenny Nicholson's other Star Wars-related videos and I think I can say that based on her reactions, I am the odd double minority in that I liked The Last Jedi, while also equally liking Rogue One; apparently, that's not too common in Internetland?

Anyway, we're going to end it there.  I've got a new Star Wars series to start later tonight with The Acolyte.  And Tales of the Empire.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Ham Spaß dabei

No comments:

Post a Comment