Wednesday, June 19, 2024

MIDI Week Singles "Theme of Ieyasu Tokugawa" (TG16/PCE)

 


"Theme of Ieyasu Tokugawa" from Super Mahjong Taikai on the TurboGrafx-16 (1992)
Composer: Hiori Wakakuwa
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: KOEI Co., Ltd.
Developer: Chat Noir Co., Ltd.


Nope, I've never played Super Mahjong Taikai on the TurboGrafx-16 but from everything I've gathered about the game, is that you can play mahjong against different historical figures, with each person having their own unique theme.  I admit I did not know who Ieyasu Tokugawa was before looking up his information and I don't know anything about Japanese music from the late 16th to early 17th century, so I can't say if this theme is indicative of music from that era.

So with that in mind, what is this music?  To me, it comes across as very traditional background puzzle music, similar to what we featured last month with Chessmaster: The Art of Learning and even the music to Tents and TreesJust a calming piece of music in the background while the first shogun of the Tokugawa shogunate destroys you at a game that wouldn't be invented for another 200 years.  That's my head cannon anyway.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Suffer for His Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment