Wednesday, March 8, 2017

MIDI Week Singles: Statue Park - Goldeneye 007 (N64)


"Statue Park" from GoldenEye 007 on the Nintendo 64 (1997)
Composer: Graeme Norgate & Grant Kirkhope
Released: No Official Soundtrack Release
Developer: Rare, Inc.




I chose this song for MIDI week singles because this level was the first level in Goldeneye 007 that really stumped me.  Up to this point, I was able to solve most levels in a few tries, with some support from guides and reviews.  But when I played 'Statue Park' I would just get lost.  I hated this level.  I think that it was primarily a graphical failing, the level was dark, the graphics fuzzy, and I was running around in circles.  

The saving grace for Statue Park was the music.  It has this nice, slow roll, with the sound growing into grandiosity before calming back down.  Because the music expands so gently, steadily, I tend to be able to listen to it again and again.  I was surprised when I looked up the song that it is only 2:24 long. I would have thought twice as long, at least.  

So, for providing a pleasant soundtrack to a frustrating level, Statue Park, I choose you!

-D


No comments:

Post a Comment