Wednesday, June 16, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "Echoes of the Deep" - Wizorb (PC)

 


"Echoes of the Deep" from Wizorb on the Xbox Live Indie Games, PC, Mac, & iOS (2011)
Composer: Jean Chan
Album: Wizorb Soundtrack
Label: Bandcamp
Publisher: Tribute Games Inc.
Developer: Tribute Games Inc.


I apparently grew up in an era where games like Breakout were somewhat commonplace and a game that harkens back to that era with a nostalgia trip that incorporates NES-era JRPG elements, even the music.  And being a somewhat avid fan of JRPG music, it is probably no wonder that I very much enjoy the music to Wizorb, composed by Jean Chan.

It had been a while since I last played (nigh on 8+ years) and I had previously left off in World 3-6 with "Echoes of the Deep" being the music for those series of stages.  This song reminds me a lot of cave/dungeon music from the Dragon Quest series, specifically the first two games, with hints of Shadowgate with the repeating bass line.  It just really makes me want to play NES games that I grew up with, which is never a bad thing.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian


P.S.  While writing this article, I was sad to discover that I could not locate any additional music by Jean Chan, but I will continue the search.

No comments:

Post a Comment