Wednesday, June 23, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "Stage Theme 1" - Ikari Warriors (NES)

 


"Stage Theme 1" from Ikari Warriors on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1987)
Composer: Unknown
Album: No Official Release 
Publisher: Tradewest
Developer: SNK


Ikari Warriors is one of those games that will always have a special place in the back of my mind as a game that I enjoyed playing on the NES and had a great soundtrack.  Never mind that the music consisted of two themes and three incidental tracks for clearing a stage, dying, and earning bonus points.  I decided on "Stage Theme 1" because it is the song that I most frequently heard as masing ABBA to respawn did not always seem to work for whatever reason.

I was initially reluctant about using Ikari Warriors as a MIDI Week Single because I have tried for a number of years looking for information on who wrote the music to either the original arcade game, the Famicom version or the NES version.  I am not knowledgeable enough to listen to the music from Ikari Warriors II: Thunder Road or Ikari III: The Rescue to know if the music sounds like one of the named composers from those games.  So, until that time that we/someone/anyone is able to uncover this mystery and let me know, the composer shall remain unknown.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment