Wednesday, June 30, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "Forest Interlude" - Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES)

 


"Forest Interlude" from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1995)
Composer: David Wise
Album: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest The Original Donkey Kong Country2 Soundtrack
Label: Nintendo of America
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Rare



I've been replaying through the Donkey Kong Country series over the last couple of months, just when I want a nostalgic platformer.  I do not recall ever actually beating Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest so I was very happy to start this up after I finished the first Donkey Kong Country.  There is so much great music in this entry in the series and I love "Forest Interlude."  I do not however love all of the levels where this music is played, with stages like Ghostly Grove and Gusty Glade were far from walks in the park.

What I find interesting is that this piece is reminiscent of "Aquatic Ambiance" from Donkey Kong Country, that it is just relaxing music to listen to while you play through the stage, but this music is in stark contrast to the relative difficulty of these stages (still glaring at you Ghostly Grove).  On its own though, it is a great song to have in the background if you happen to be wandering through a slightly haunted jungle while exploring the island of an evil crocodile self-imposed dictator king.



~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment