Wednesday, May 31, 2023

MIDI Week Singles: "Pond of La" - Elfaria II: The Quest of the Meld (SFC)

 


"Pond of La" from Elfaria II: The Quest of the Meld on the Super Famicom (1995)
Composer: Yukihide Takekawa
Album: No Official Release
Publisher/Developer: Hudson Soft / Red

Half going off of our last two articles and half because I did not have anything immediately in the queue for this week, I thought I would use a track from a game that is pretty difficult to find information about, such as who the developer was, who the producer was, and what Susumu Matsushita Company had to do with it all.

Like so many articles where we feature music that we have not played, I have zero context for La's Pond, where it appears in this JRPG from Hudson Soft, who I would feel somewhat comfortable saying were not known for their JRPGs, although since this game was only released on the Super Famicom in Japan, that could be part of the explanation.  I could see this music being in part played specifically at La's Pond and during other emotional moments during the game, as none of the other tracks (that I can recall) hit this level of serenity.  And while this song comes across as almost painfully mid-90s JRPG, I do really enjoy the music as it really reminds me of why I love that era of JRPGs on the SNES.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Instrumental

No comments:

Post a Comment