Thursday, March 21, 2019

MIDI Week Singles: "Act 2: The River Smurf", & "Act 8: The Sledge Race" - The Smurfs (NES)


"Act 2: The River Smurf" & "Act 8: The Sledge Race" from The Smurfs on the Nintendo Entertainment System [PAL] (1994)
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Infrogames
Developer: Bit Managers


You would think by this point in my #AllTheNESMusic I should not be surprised by music from games that I have never heard of and would initially think I would not like.  The music from The Smurfs, which was never released on the NES in North America, fit very much into the brain folder of music that I had pre-maturely written off as I pulled it up on YouTube.  When this track ended, being the second song I listened to, I had paused the music to do some work stuff while at work (I had headphones plugged in), I realized that I was thinking about this song, and humming/whistling it while walking back to my desk.  Again, I kind of wrote off this one song as being the oddly catchy song for an otherwise children oriented game, but then song after song kept being good.

Now, part of my appreciation for the music (and this song in particular) could have been from the fact that I had zero expectations when I first started listening, but I do genuinely feel like, not only this song, but a lot of the soundtrack as a whole, is in fact really good.  It was a little difficult nailing down just one song from the soundtrack to use for today's MIDI Week Single, but do not be surprised at all if I decide to pull another song and use it in the coming weeks/months.  Because I can guarantee you that it will happen, it is now just a matter of when.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment