Friday, March 1, 2019

Monthly Update: March 2019



I would like to think that I was semi productive in taking a few swipes at my queue of games on the Switch that I have started and needed/wanted to finish.  Now, I am not the kind of person that feels obligated to finish every single game that I start as I have tastes and not every game is going to fit within those predetermined tastes.  I will give each game I try an honest to Odin try, but when a game starts to feel hard for the sake of being hard, possibly in order to pad out the time required to beat a game, then I will play until I feel like I can stop without any self imposed shame.  That is why partly I stopped playing InkSplosion and Midnight: Deluxe.  I felt that I had gotten all that I wanted/needed out of those games, although my actual reason for stopping varies.  

But the point that I am trying to make is that in February, I finished four games, some of which I had started some time ago: Runner3, The Way Remastered, Flood of Light, and Earthworms.  My plan, at least for the moment, is to have Game EXP articles for each of these games before the end of March.  I think that that would be doable.  Then there is the Trials Rising Open Beta on the Switch, and the open/closed beta for Pandemic Express by TALLBOYS, and tinyBuild, but I think Pandemic Express will more than likely turn into "Can My Computer Handle It And Live?"  That is, if I am able to find time to play as the designated start time, 17:00 UTC happens to be 9 AM here on the Pacific Coast.  Maybe Saturday then?

Looking over this last month too, I realized I did not play/review any games in Indie Gamer Chick's #IndieSelect.  This was probably due to not as many games being put up for the Switch, but also because I ended up being busier than I had originally planned.  But again, I did finish four games in February, which is nice.

In the realm of board games, I ended up canceling D&D during the one weekend where we had snow and icy roads, coupled with the fact that both Conklederp and I were in the midst of a mucus filled cold.  But when The Kid came up a few weeks back we did manage to play two games of Fireball Island: The Curse of Vul-Kar, both of which The Kid one.  And now this makes the fourth time we have played the game, and none of those times did we ever play with all of the rules in tact.  And we still have not figured out what the souvenir coin is for and how it is awarded; although I just looked up some information over on BoardGameGeek and was able to figure out some additional rules that we had not been playing with, and not for lack of reading the rules mind you.  Maybe fifth time is a charm?

Lastly, let us briefly talk about movies, because I do not know if Conklederp and I have even been to the movies this year to see a new movie.  Yeah, we went to our local science and industry museum a short while ago and saw Princess Mononoke, but that's a 22 year old movie (not knocking it mind you).  There just has not been anything that has driven us from our abode on Tuesdays to see a movie at a discounted price.  Maybe Captain Marvel coming out in a week will be the end of that slump, as Us is then coming out on the 22nd; there is probably more but I have not yet looked that far ahead; aside from Avengers: End Game and Star Wars Episode IX.

As for March, which is hypothetically why y'all're'll here, I am not 100% sure what this month will be.  I do not know if I will be finishing Darkest Dungeon, especially if my party keeps dying on quests that are level appropriate; maybe I just need to level EVERYTHING up before sending them out, even if they are three levels higher that what the quest recommends.  Stupid Hag.  I also played a bit of Fortnite this last season and in the final two weeks, was able to earn a free Season 8 Battle Pass, so I might be playing a bit over the next 10 weeks, if only to get move V-Bucks to buy another Battle Pass if I want to continue in some future season.  And I have Octopath Traveler that would like to continue because I love the overall look and the music, although I think I am now understanding some of the negative reviews, in that the characters do not seem to interact, or have connecting stories as was the case with games in the Final Fantasy franchise.  Plus whatever game I end up deciding to pull for the #DiscoverIndies this upcoming weekend.

So let us end it there?  Maybe?



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Who Wants To Come With Me?





No comments:

Post a Comment