Tuesday, December 17, 2019

I want to play Final Fantasy VIII, XII and XIII simultaneously

Sometimes this just happens to me, I start to fixate on a particular game experience.  I've been chewing on the thought of playing Final Fntasy VIII for a while now, at least since I heard it had been released in an HD remake on the Switch.  I've played through FF VIII one time before, and did not.quite.beat it.  However, I do remember really enjoying the combat/equipment system.  Having just completed HD remake of Zelda: Windwaker has really shown me how nice these HD remakes can be.  Still, it's $20 and I'm a cheapskate, plus, I have other games I already own that I can play.  Do I have to buy a new one?

Which brings me to FFXII (12).  I've only played that game for about an hour or so.  But from what I've heard, it has a pretty cool combat system.  And-- I already have a copy, given to me kindly by Jaconian.  It seems like a no-brainer that I should play that game.  Though I also hear it is a 100+ hour game, and I am also a cheapskate for time.  I also have to hook my PS3 back up, because I was trying to clean it (it makes a ton of fan noise when playing DVDs, to the point of being distracting.)  

And then, today, I started to reflect on how much I love the combat on FFXIII (13).  Guys-- I really love it!  It is very engaging and far and away the best part of that game, which was lackluster in other ways.  Maybe I could just skip all the cut scenes and start over, why not?  Or, if I just *have* to acquire a new game, FFXIII-2 apparently has the same fight system, so at least I could play a different game.  Though I am fearful I may dislike the story and characters of that one as well.  

All of this is to say that I am stuck at work, with maybe a little too much coffee, and no way to play any of these games.  If I decide to go one of these ways, it will probably be whichever game I can play on Switch, and then bring to work and play on my lunch break.  What could go wrong?  

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment