Monday, December 2, 2019

Monthly Update: December, 2019


Happy December one and all!

But seriously, I hope that whatever you are celebrating this month, even if it is nothing at all, that this is a good end of the year, unless it's not the end of your calendar year.

What are we even doing here?

So last month, I fell down a Gilbert sized rabbit hole after watching Brian David Gilbert's video on how to determine the HP of your pet.  Wait, no.  Actually, that was sometime in October.  But then for whatever reason, I did not follow up with any of his other videos, but then I watched the one on how to determine what your name would be in a Hideo Kojima video game.  So once my paperwork goes through the necessary government channels, you will be able to refer to me as Cooking Crack.  I may explain this later in an article on its own because including scans of my poorly handwritten worksheet is nothing but good internet reading.

I think the big thing last month was that I finished Fire Emblem: Three Houses and started both Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (and finished it as well) and Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, all three on the Switch.  FE: TH will have multiple articles in the coming weeks because my first article covering most parts of the first half of the game came out to 1,900 words (or six double-spaced pages) and writing and publishing a 3,800 article did not seem to be in my best interests.  I had originally planned on writing a First Impressions for H: SS, but then I kept playing and now I believe I am in the third act.  Maybe.  So I will end up writing a one or two-part Game EXP instead.  And with SK: TT, I feel like because this game has been out for five-and-a-half years, I may not write any articles outside of MIDI Week Singles because I do not see myself playing an already critically acclaimed platformer any different than most people.  The boss order might be different, but not so much that I feel it warrants an entire article.

I have also been playing through The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, but not as much as I was back in October.  I just think that I have not been using my computer a lot while at home outside of finishing articles.  But I just finished with the town of Flotsam and am exploring King Henselt's camp just outside of Vergen (You know, burning corpses, taking mysterious psychedelic drugs, ploughing prostitutes, and inadvertently leading innocent men to be devoured by demons), so if you are familiar with the game, then you know how much more there is that I have not played yet.  I am about 30 hours in and recently started Chapter 2, if that tells you anything.  So I might have between four and 22 hours left.


And Wednesday, Dr. Potts went and gave me a Merry Thanksgivingsmas eShop gift card just in time for a number of Blackish Friday sales on Nintendo's eShop so I picked up the Castlevania Anniversary Collection, GRIS, and I still have a little bit left over so I might save that for a future purchase on a larger game, or pick up a couple smaller indie games that I have been sitting in my wishlist for the past couple of months.  Or, I might just hold onto the rest for a Christmas or post-Christmas sale purchase.


In the Ravenloft front with The Curse of Strahd, we went fishing in Lake Zarovich and then almost died (again?) while fighting a sea hag-like creature in the wreck of a ship all the while being attacked by swarms of bitey Slaughterfish-like fish.  Our characters leveled up to 4 (we are using the milestone method) so now I have to decide if I want to increase my stats, or take one of the feats and level up that way.  Either way, Lurien the Halfling Wild Mage Sorcerer is going to be gaining 1d6+2 hp and will be less squishy when he gets hit.  We had a break for a couple of weeks leading up to and after Thanksgiving, but we will be meeting up for two sessions this month before delving in again in January.


And that is where I am going to leave things until Wednesday's MIDI Week Single and Friday's article which will be about either Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, or Kenny G's 2002 holiday album, "Wishes: A Holiday Album" and why he hasn't released a new album in four years.




~JWfW/JDub/Cooking Crack/Jaconian

Instrumental


P.S.  Oh yeah, I guess there is a movie coming out later this month that I kinda want to see too.

No comments:

Post a Comment