Wednesday, December 4, 2019

MIDI Week Singles: "No Weapons Here (Village)" - Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove (NS)


"No Weapons Here (Village)" from Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove on the Nintendo 3DS / Wii U / Switch, PC, OSX, PlayStation 3 / 4 / Vita, Xbox One, and Amazon Fire TV (2014)

Composer: Jake Kaufman
Album: Shovel Knight Original Soundtrack
Label: Big Lion Music
Publisher: Yacht Club Games
Developer: Yacht Club Games




There are actually three versions of this melody, all with slightly different instrumentation depending on where you are in the town.  This version is what you hear when you first appear in any of the villages, then there is one when you are in any of the shops, and the last version is if you are underground.  If you follow the Twitter account I use for us here, you will know that I recently mentioned how much I love going into the town when I have a song to turn in to the Bard Knight because I like to pretend that he is more excited to see me than he is about getting new music.  And you could even surmise that because you are able to change the music in-town through the Bard by requesting a song, that he is the one performing the music while you are in the village.

That is why I chose this song for today.  Because it reminds me of how happy that little Bard looked, jumping up and down, waving his arms, and this song reminds me of that feeling.



~JWfW/JDub/Cooking Crack/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment